Ok so you’ve either read everything there is too know about a liquid diet plan or you’ve come straight to this page wanting to get a 7 day plan to start straight away. Well, since today there are so many diets on the market it is enough to make your head spin and we have put together a great guide on liquid diet plans. Liquid diet plans have received both accolades and criticism, but when done correctly with the right amount of nutrients then they can not only be effective but healthy. You may want to continue to use the method along with a regular meal plan after you have lost the weight just to reap the health benefits.
The 7 day plan is halfway down the page for those that want to skip straight to it!
Steps to healthy and fast weight loss
When you lose weight fast, especially via a liquid diet there are things you should know to ensure you keep yourself healthy and you don’t lose nutrients along the way. The first thing you need to do is take stock in your overall physical health. If you are suffering from diabetes or any blood glucose issue or any cardiac or blood-pressure issue you should consult a doctor before engaging in any plan that is this extreme.
A liquid diet plan is actually very healthy but is more akin to a fast rather than just a weight-loss plan. It is an altering thing to your body and will change your metabolism and blood sugar so you need to be cognoscente of that while you are on it and monitor how you are feeling so you can make any necessary adjustments as you go along; a journal wouldn’t be a bad idea.
What is a liquid diet exactly?
A liquid diet does not mean that you only drink clear light liquid. That is the kind of liquid diet that you are assigned when in hospital and you have had surgery etc. You should however make sure that any juice or liquid that you consume does not contain pulp which is any pieces of fruit or cereal. This needs to be strained before consumption. You do not want to wake up the wrong digestive components to try and digest what you have consumed.
Liquid diet plans are simple to execute and should be inexpensive and effective. Things only change a bit when you go beyond the 7 day mark.
Your greatest challenge
Believe it or not your biggest challenge is not that of staying on the diet or preparing the foods. It is preventing boredom especially if you are a foodie at heart and love your hearty breakfast or steak and potatoes for dinner.
The way to combat this issue is to change up the flavors and textures regularly. This is also the beauty part of the diet only being 7 days.
The equipment you need
- Juicer: The one thing you are in need of which is of utmost importance is a juicer that extracts pulp and they can be found online or nearly every department store that sells housewares and kitchen supplies for between $30-100 dollars. Don’t worry if you spend a bit as these machines pay for themselves hundreds of times over.
- Food Processor: This is important for emaciating foods into a liquid as you will find in the menu below otherwise you will tire of the fruit juices after day two and that would be counter-productive.
Let’s get started with your simple and effective menu
The choices you have for breakfast is pretty substantial they can be interchanged as well. This is the first meal of the day and the most important even when you are not dieting. This is because this is what kick-starts your metabolism.
For breakfast you have a choice of:
- Fruit Juice of any kind although the recommendation is-Orange, Apple, white grape, grapefruit. Grapefruit is a natural fat-burner and comes highly recommended to use several times a day. You can also include cream of wheat or oatmeal that has run through the food processor once and beaten to a fine powder. Feel free to change the flavors and experiment as much as at all possible.
- If you are a smoothie lover you can get away with this one but it is essential that you pass the fruits and any other solids through the strainer prior to drinking. For this a strawberry-banana would suffice as the calcium and magnesium you need you will get here.
For lunch you have a choice of:
- You may use creamed soups. Most liquid diets will suggest clear broth and though it is true that there is nothing tastier than a liquid diet of home-made from fresh vegetables or chicken yet there is nothing more boring than the same thing day in and day out. When you are using creamed soups be sure to pass through the strainer to strain out any solids. Some of the tastier more popular types are cream of chicken or mushroom. If you are a vegetarian you can make your own.
You should actually be making these foods in batches so you can drink them anytime and you will be less likely to quit the diet due to the inconvenience of meal preparation.
You can also have another strained smoothie or a glass 8oz -16oz of juice for lunch as an acceptable substitute.
For dinner you have the choice of:
This is where it gets a bit more interesting and fun. Any pureed food can be used in your dinner choice. That is steak, chicken or a boneless fish with potatoes and vegetables. You can puree all your favorite flavors together as long as they are passed through the strainer or run thorough the food processor as long as at all necessary. This should be something you look forward to each day.
For dessert you have the choice of:
You can indulge in ice cream and sherbet, puddings, Jello and such of any flavor with one restriction. It cannot have the slightest amount of solids, no chocolate chunks and no fruit bits in the gelatin etc.
If you want to do follow a different daily plan that is simple; just do it this way
Day One Breakfast: One strained fruit smoothie of your choice and a cup of green tea
Day One Lunch: A bowl of strained cream of mushroom soup and a cup of vegetable juice of your choice and remember no pulp.
Day One Dinner: Puree a steak dinner. Skirt steaks and cube steak is far tenderer and more easily pureed along with new potatoes or red skins or Yukon Gold potatoes.
Day Two for Breakfast: One glass of fruit juice with three fruits of your choice.
Day Two for Lunch: One glass of vegetable juice with no less than three veggies of your choice.
Day Two for Dinner: One glass green tea and three different vegetables in a juice glass of 12 OZ or more.
Day Three: You are to repeat day one. However, you can change the vegetables and fruits to your choice in any order you wish – just do not change the meals they come in.
Day Four for Breakfast: One pureed egg white with one cup of green tea
Day Four for Lunch: One cup white tea with honey. One bowl of pureed winter squash soup
Day Four for Lunch: Puree any meat with strained creamed spinach and a cup of green tea.
There are not many safe substitutes for desserts so we will keep them the same and you can interchange the types listed as you wish.
For days five through seven you can repeat any of the above three days.
We do this to keep you feeling free while still providing the basic structure you need for success.
Now if you have any more questions about this diet plan or would like ANY further knowledge just leave a comment and the team will get back to you straight away! Feel free to like us on Facebook as well to keep in touch with all our healthy tips!